A unit of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, OSPA facilitates and promotes research and sponsored project activities on campus. (Research is defined broadly, to include research training, scholarship, and creative activities.) We are the official University agency through which faculty and staff submits external grant proposals and receive external grant awards. See below for services and staff contacts.
- provide resources to assist faculty in finding appropriate funding sources for their research.
- offer grant-related workshops to faculty and students.
- publish materials to aid researchers and publicize SIUC research.
- provide consultation on grant proposal development and budget preparation.
- review final grant proposal budgets.
- review, sign, and submit grant proposals to external agencies.
- negotiate award agreements and coordinate account set-up.
- set up subcontracts.
- handle post-award administrative matters such as budget revisions and no-cost extensions.
- coordinate research compliances (human subjects, animal care, etc.).
- administer centralized research support facilities.
- assist with grant audits.
- maintain a grants database and provide reports of grants activity.
Director of OSPA:
Proposal Development and Submission:
(Pre-proposals, LOIs, Proposals, Supplements, Continuations, etc.)
For general inquiries contact OSPA, 453-4540, Woody Hall 311
Proposal Notification System - required method for notifying OSPA regarding an upcoming proposal.
Non-Financial Grant Management:
(Award Negotiation, Acceptance, Award Modification, Subcontracts/Audits, etc.)
For general inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 453-4540, Woody Hall 311
Visit the Research Compliance page for information on specific areas overseen by OSPA.
Mandy King, Research Compliance Manager, 453-4530, Woody Hall 324
Karen Rowland, Compliance Committee Coordinator, 453-4533, Woody Hall 321
Sammi Steeves, Research Compliance Specialist, 453-4534, Woody Hall 323
Grant & Contract Accounting:
For a list of current account assignments, click here.
Shirley Castle, Grant & Contract Accounting Manager, 536-2646, Woody Hall 306
Patti Diggle, Grant Accountant, 536-2641, Woody Hall 333
Kay King, Grant Accountant, 536-2642, Woody Hall 338
Norma Mitchell, Grant Accountant, 453-3601, Woody Hall 335
Shelley Perez, Grant Accountant, 453-4536, Woody Hall 339
Jeff Tally, Grant Accountant, 453-4543, Woody Hall 318