Since agency grant programs and program priorities change from year to year, it is important that you have up-to-date knowledge about funding sources. In reviewing funding sources, you should look for the following:
- compatibility of your proposed research and agency interests;
- number of grants awarded annually by the agency and average award amount;
- typical number of proposals received for a particular program or solicitation;
- eligibility requirements: geographical restrictions (if any), types of institutions and investigators funded, etc.;
- types of support given (e.g., research, general operating, equipment, etc.);
- application deadlines for grant programs; and
- method of application.
Click on the icons below to explore various external and internal funding sources.