Federal Research Regulations and Sponsor Policies
All federal grant funds are subject to guidelines set by the White House's Office of Management and Budget (OMB); see below for links to the OMB circulars that apply to educational institutions.
Additionally, federal grants will be awarded with agency-specific rules. See below for links to guidelines for specific federal funding agencies.
For questions about these guidelines prior to award, contact your OSPA research project specialist. For questions after the award has been made and your grant account has been set up, contact your assignee in Grant and Contract Accounting.
- OMB: Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (Effective December 26, 2014)
- OMB Circular A-21: Cost Principles for Educational Institutions
- OMB Circular A-110: Uniform Administrative Requirements for Grants and Agreements With Institutions of Higher Education, Hospitals, and Other Non-Profit Organizations
- Army Research Laboratory (ARL) - Research Terms and Conditions
- Education Department (DoED) - General Administrative Regulations (EDGAR)
- Energy Dept. (DOE) - Grant Rules, Regulations, and Guidance
- Department of Justice (DOJ) – Funding Resources
- NASA - Grant and Cooperative Agreement Handbook
- National Endowment for the Arts – Manage Your Award
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) – General Terms and Conditions
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) - Grants Policy and Guidance
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (Effective Jaunary 25, 2016)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (Effective December 26, 2014)
- Office of Naval Research (ONR) - Grant Terms and Conditions