Training / Education
- OSPA Sponsored Project Guide
- OSPA Training Workshops (PowerPoint Presentations):
Guide to Managing Federal Grants for Colleges and Universities: The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research has subscribed to A Guide to Managing Federal Grants for Colleges and Universities. This comprehensive resource provides guidance to help those responsible for federal grant management to interpret and apply federal regulations that impact the institutional and departmental use of federal funding. Recent federal grant reforms have changed the way the University must administer time and effort reporting, procurement with grant funds, direct charging of certain costs to grants, subrecipient monitoring, and other aspects of grant management.
We are able to offer access to the Guide to the campus. Access to the full federal regulations, monthly grant news, and daily web postings will be of value to faculty, fiscal officers, departmental chairs, deans and administrative support staff.
Please contact the Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA) for the login information to be able to access this valuable resource.
Resources for National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants
HOW TO APPLY - NIH Application Guide
The Application Submission System & Interface for Submission Tracking (ASSIST) system is used to prepare and submit grant applications electronically to NIH and other Public Health Service agencies.
Beginning July 11, 2016, all proposals to NIH that allow the use of ASSIST must be submitted via that system. The FOA will indicate whether ASSIST can be used for a particular funding opportunity. OSPA will no longer support other submission methods for those proposals.
Researchers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a brief overview of the ASSIST system.
- NIH Peer Review Revealed
- NIH Tips for Applicants
- What Happens to Your NIH Grant Application
- All About Grants podcasts
- NIH Peer Review Process
- The NIH Grants Program
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
- How the NIH grants process works
- NIH Web site with tips for writing grant applications
- Successful eSubmission - This presentation, given during hands-on workshops at NIH Regional Seminars, provides a comprehensive overview of the electronic application submission process, from preparing to apply to checking your application’s status in eRA Commons.
Resources for National Science Foundation (NSF) grants
- NSF New Awardee Guide-2016
- Merit Review Process
- Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide
- NSF Grants Conference (Fall 2014) presentations
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Information about research.gov and its service offerings/benefits