The Office of Sponsored Projects Administration (OSPA) is a unit of the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research that promotes research and sponsored project activities within SIU. All research universities have a central office to oversee sponsored projects (grants and contracts).
Grants and contracts are legal agreements for which each university's governing board is liable; consequently, one office on campus is designated to submit grant proposals and accept grant awards on faculty members' behalf. At SIUC, that office is OSPA. Central oversight is also needed to make sure that grants and other research activities comply with federal, state and university regulations and policies.
- Assist faculty and researchers in finding funding opportunities for their research.
- Provide various services throughout the grants lifecycle to support our research community.
- Facilitate and guide grants proposal development, budget preparation, etc.
- Represent the university to review, approve and submit grant proposals externally.
- Manage all grants audits.
- Responsible for negotiations and acceptance of all sponsored agreements.
- Administer all extramural grants and contracts awarded to the university.
- Manage all post-award administration including, but not limited, to:
- Award Setups
- Accounting and Reporting
- Cash and Revenue Management
- Subrecipient / Subcontracts Management
- Award Modifications
- Award Closeouts
Check out our FAQ section for additional information about our processes, what we do, award questions, additional resources and more.