Frequently Asked Questions
Have some questions?
We've gathered our most frequently asked questions below to help advise you on the process, resources, and all other information related to obtaining and managing grants for your research. If you have additional questions not addressed below, feel free to reach out to our team for inquiries or directions in the grant process.
- Why are offices like OSPA needed? What does OSPA do, anyway?
- My graduate students need an introduction to grant writing. Can OSPA help with this?
- When should you contact OSPA?
- How can I contact OSPA?
- Why are indirect costs charged on grants?
- What should I do if I think my research may be leading to something patentable?
- Which OSPA staff member works with my college?
- Does OSPA provide any assistance in preparing grant budgets?
- What are OSPA's deadlines for submitting grant proposals?
- How can I find grants to support my research?
- Who's responsible for what steps in writing and submitting grant applications?
- Where can I find information about grant data and listings of awards?
- How do I get my new grant geared up? My department doesn't have staff to help with fiscal paperwork.
- How do I extend the end date of my award?
- What is human subjects compliance?
- Are there resources for undergraduates interested in research?